Terms and Conditions
A booking (reservation) can be made on behalf of the Passenger by a third party e.g.travel agent, airline, tourist centre, etc. (booking agent) but this agreement binds the Passenger as if they had accepted the terms and conditions themselves.
Rome Minicabs acts in the role of an Agent matching the travel needs of the Passenger with an appropriate form of airport transfer service provided by a Local Service Provider at the airport concerned. Rome Minicabs only accepts liability for its own booking processes and not the actual delivery of the service itself.
A Passenger (or the booking agent) is required to accept the terms and conditions in this agreement as an integral part of completing the reservation process.
Terms Used in this contract
- “Passenger” can be one or more persons travelling in a Transfer vehicle to/from an airport to/from a specific destination.
- “Transfer” is the general name given to the pre-booked transportation of Passengers to/from a destination including airports, cities and towns or other destinations stipulated by Passenger.
- “Local Service Provider” is the actual provider of the Transfer service at the airport or city in question.
- “Driver” the actual driver of the Transfer vehicle provided by the Local Service Provider.
- “Private Transfer” is for the exclusive Use of Passengers travelling in the same party.
- “Shared Transfer” is where two or more independent Passengers share the same Transfer service.
- “Shared Scheduled Service” is a transfer, usually by coach or by bus, which runs to a strict timetable and to fixed destinations.
- “Group Transfer” is a transfer of 8 people or more travelling together for which a group price is charged.
- “VIP Transfer” is a high quality car, attracting a premium price, Used to convey a Passenger to a specified destination.
- “Limousine Transfer” is the provision of a Limousine Usually for special occasions.
- “Business Transfer” is a Transfer Using a minimum executive category of car, (e.g. Mercedes E-class) Used for the transportation of business Executives.
- “Water Taxi” a Transfer service on water.
- “Reservation” a booking made by a Passenger (or an Agent acting on his/her behalf) of a Transfer service
- “Reservation Voucher” a document that confirms Passenger reservation, showing all the details of the Transfer.
- “Prepaid” means the Transfer is paid for in advance by Credit Card. A booking fee is normally charged for this service.
- “Payment-on-the-day” requires the Passenger to pay the Driver of the Transfer before the Transfer takes place. Usually this is in Euros or the local currency in which the airport is based but sometimes other options are available.
The purpose of the Rome Minicabs service
- The purpose of the Rome Minicabs service is to assist Passengers to locate a suitable Transfer service for private or group Use, or to share with other passengers, or a scheduled bus transfer service for the purposes of collection or drop-off at specific times and destinations in European cities, and enable Passengers to make an on-line Reservation. The actual service will be provided by a Local Service Provider at the airport concerned.
- In cases where two or more persons are named in the same Reservation, even if it has been made by a third party, these terms and conditions are valid for all parties.
- If a Transfer is provided by a Scheduled Shared Service, the Local Service Provider will provide a regular scheduled service in accordance with a time table displayed on the Rome Minicabs website at the time when the reservation is made. These may be all-year-round or limited to a seasonal demand (e.g. winter holidays, special events, etc.) or where there is a specific Passenger demand for such a service.
- In cases of a non-scheduled Transfer, the Local Service Provider with supply a Transfer based on the Passenger’s specification in the original Reservation (or its subsequent amendment) in accordance with the other terms in this agreement.
- Passenger Reservations must normally be made at least 24 hours in advance before the Transfer service is required. Certain types of Transfer may require longer periods of advanced notice. It may also be possible to give less than 24 hours’ notice for an extra premium. In either of these cases this will be shown clearly on our website before Passenger make a booking.
- It is the responsibility of Passengers (or any third party acting on their behalf) to ensure that all the personal details given during the booking process, e.g. names of the Passengers, name of airport, flight details, dates and times the service is required, e-mail addresses, etc. are accurate. Rome Minicabs cannot accept any liability for non-delivery of the service or subsequent losses due to errors made at the booking stage.
- The Reservation should clearly indicate the number of bags to be carried on the Transfer. A Passenger’s normal allowance is one case and one item of hand luggage. Any additional bags above the permitted amount must be paid for. (See Baggage below) It is the responsibility of the Passenger to order the correct size of vehicle that can accommodate all the luggage required. It is not possible for a Driver to carry extra baggage that is not shown on the Reservation Voucher on the day of the Transfer service itself.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address given and is evidence that the reservation has been made. It will show the details of the reservation and the payment required/received for the Transfer. This document should be shown to the Driver of the Transfer service prior to boarding the car, minibus, coach or bus provided (or other form of transport). Failure to do so will mean that the driver has the right to refuse to carry out the Transfer.
- Please note that children under the age of 14 cannot Use the service unless accompanied by a person aged 16 or over.
Payment procedure for Private and Private Shared Transfers, VIP Cars, Limousines and Water Taxis.Many Transfers offer two forms of payment, either by paying on the day itself or by prepayment using a credit card. Some only offer one option of payment method. Passenger rights and obligations depend on the type of payment chosen.
- If this option is chosen it means that payment must be made to the Driver of the Transfer on the day itself before the Transfer takes place. Payment is Usually in Euros or in the local currency. Other currencies cannot be accepted. The Driver has the option to give Passenger any change in the local currency.
- Most Payment-on-the-day Reservations require that the Passengers give credit card details as guarantee of Passenger intention to take the Transfer. The details that a Passenger gives to Rome Minicabs will be stored securely and no money will be taken from Passenger Credit Card unless Passenger fail to show up for the Transfer. The Local Service Provider can then claim the actual amount of the Transfer from Passenger credit card. Rome Minicabs does not make any credit card charges for Payment-on-the-day bookings.
- Passenger credit card will be checked for sufficient funds to pay the transfer at the time of booking. If the card is rejected or payment refused, Passenger will be asked to provide another credit card as guarantee. Without a valid credit or debit card, the Transfer will be automatically cancelled without further notice to the Passenger.
- If Passenger wishes to change the destination on the day of the Transfer itself, then Passenger can negotiate with the Driver who can accept or refuse to modify the Transfer. Even if Passenger journey is shorter than originally requested at the time of booking, the original Transfer fee must be paid.
- A Passenger has the right to cancel or modify Passenger Reservation up to 24 hours before the date of the Transfer itself without charge. (Please note that in some countries and types of Transfer, a longer notice period of cancellation or modification is required. If this is the case, this will clearly be indicated on Passenger Reservation Voucher).
Prepayment by Credit or Debit Card
- Payment by a valid credit or Debit Card is required at the time of booking. (This usually requires a small booking fee).
- If Passenger Bank refuses payment, then Passenger Reservation will be automatically cancelled. Normally Rome Minicabs can advise Passenger at the time of booking but if there is a delay in Passenger Bank resulting subsequent refusal of Passenger payment, Rome Minicabs is not obliged to advise Passenger of the payment problem and will cancel Passenger Reservation. Rome Minicabs accepts no liability for subsequent losses incurred.
- Passenger Reservation Voucher will show the journey details, number of passengers and bags together with the payment made. This must be shown to the driver before the Transfer takes place. The Driver can refuse to carry out the Transfer if Passenger are unable to produce the Reservation Voucher at his discretion. There is no refund if this is the case.
- Modification of the Transfer is very limited and depends on the Local Service provider. Passenger can contact Rome Minicabs by using the link provided on the Rome Minicabs website to see what Passenger modification options are.
- There is no option to cancel a Reservation once it has been made and paid for. Even if Passenger wishes to transfer it to another day it is not possible to cancel the original Reservation. It is also not possible to transfer the fee paid on one Reservation to another. In every case, this will be classed as a new booking for which a separate fee must be paid.
- Passenger is strongly advised to double check the details of the Transfer before confirming Passenger payment as little or no modification will be allowed after that.
Payment procedure for shared scheduled Transfer services
- Shared Scheduled Transfer Service can only be paid for by Credit or Debit Card when using the system provided on the Rome Minicabs website.
- The Passenger (or a third party acting on their behalf) must enter the correct details shown on the credit or debit card and follow the instructions given by the bank payment system. Rome Minicabs does not accept any liability for failure of the banking system to register the payment and for any subsequent losses that may arise.
- The total amount for the shared scheduled Transfer (including the booking fee) will be charged to Passenger Credit Card at the time the reservation is made.
- There is no option to cancel or modify Passenger Reservation once it has been made and paid for. Even if Passenger wish to transfer it to another day it is not possible to cancel the original Reservation. It is also not possible to transfer the fee paid on one Reservation to another.
Conditions that apply when using Rome Minicabs Private, Group or Shared unscheduled Transfer services
- The Local Service Provider undertakes to ensure that the Transfer vehicle will be arrive at the pick-up point not later than 15 minutes of the time and date and at the specified address confirmed in the Reservation Voucher at the time of booking.
- However, if the Driver is unable to reach any drop-off or pick-up point due to traffic jams, road closures or other traffic restrictions, the Driver will drop-off or pick-up the Passenger(s) at the nearest point to the destinations given in the Reservation Voucher. The Driver cannot be expected to violate traffic rules because of such incidences even if it means the Passenger arrives late at the drop-off point.
- The Local Service Provider will use its best endeavours to make sure that the pick-up vehicle arrives at the exact flight arrival time even where the flight arrival is delayed. The Local Service Provider will pay any appropriate parking fees.
- When picking-up Passengers for a Private or Group Transfer at an airport, the driver will wait in the Arrivals Hall with a name board showing the Passenger’s name. (Please note that at some airports, this is not allowed. In these cases, Passengers should make their way to the meeting point indicated in Passenger Reservation Voucher where the Driver will be there to meet Passenger). The Driver will wait for Passenger up to 1 hour after the Passenger has landed. After that the Reservation is regarded as a “No-show”.
- In a Private Transfer, Passenger Driver will help Passenger with Passenger luggage (see Conditions relating to the handling of luggage below).
- If the Driver is late, please allow 15 minutes before contacting the Rome Minicabs help line, the number of which is shown in Passenger Reservation Voucher. If Passenger does not contact Rome Minicabs, Passenger will unable to claim back Passenger Reservation fee or the costs of providing an alternative form of Transfer. (See “Complaints Procedure” below).
- In cases of a Shared Transfer, (i.e. where several passengers are using the same Transfer vehicle and may be going to different drop-off points) instructions of where to meet Passenger Driver will be clearly indicated in Passenger Reservation Voucher. Passenger may be required to wait until all the Passengers coming in on different flights have arrived. The maximum waiting time varies from Local Provider to Local Provider. The Driver is not required to help Passengers with their luggage except for the purposes of loading and unloading into the Transfer vehicle (see Conditions relating to the handling of luggage below).
Conditions that apply when using a Scheduled Shared Transfer Service.
A Scheduled Shared Service Transfer, usually by bus or by coach, is a Transfer service working to a strict timetable and pre-determined pick-up and drop off points. The following conditions apply when using such a service:
- At the time of making a Reservation using a Scheduled Shared Service, the timetable and list of destinations will be clearly shown on the Rome Minicabs website.
- Passenger cannot stipulate a different pick-up or drop-off point other than that shown in the timetable.
- Passenger should arrive at the pick-up point stipulated in the Reservation Voucher at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Passenger must present Passenger Reservation Voucher to the Driver. If a Passenger fails to do so, the Driver can refuse to take Passenger. No refund will be given in these cases.
- The Driver is not required to wait for Passenger if Passenger or Passenger flight is late.
- If a Passenger misses the booked departure time, the Driver of a later service may be able to take Passenger providing he/she has enough room to do so.
- The Passenger has no automatic entitlement to Transfer to an earlier or later departure time. Passengers may be permitted to travel on services before or after their booked departure time, subject to seat availability, without additional payment.
- If a Passenger is unable to take the Transfer either through late arrival or no room on subsequent Transfer vehicles, no refund will be made nor will any alternative transfer arrangements be paid for.
- Allowance should be made for adverse weather or other driving conditions which may delay the Driver from reaching the pick-up or drop-off at the scheduled time. There is no refund if a Passenger chooses to use another form of transfer service.
- The published running times on the Rome Minicabs website of shared scheduled Transfer services are determined by the Local Service Provider. Although Rome Minicabs will use its best endeavours to ensure that the information is as accurate as possible, Rome Minicabs is unable to guarantee that this information is totally accurate. Rome Minicabs is not liable for any loss, damage, liability or cost suffered by a Passenger as a result of any delay to any shared scheduled Transfer service upon arrival at the airport.
- Rome Minicabs reserves the right to alter any information about timetables or suspend, cancel, withdraw or substitute, or terminate a Transfer service once it has commenced, without notice whether before or after the Passenger has made a reservation.
- Rome Minicabs does not make any representations about the suitability of a particular type of transportation service for the needs of the Passenger, and is not responsible for the Passenger’s choice of service.
- Rome Minicabs liabilities for cancellations and withdrawals of a shared scheduled Transfer service:
- Except as provided in these terms and conditions, Rome Minicabs will not be liable for any loss, damage, liability or cost suffered by the Passenger as a result of any cancellation or withdrawal of any shared scheduled Transfer service by the Local Service Provider, or any delay to or termination of the service by the Local Service Provider.
- If the Local Service Providers cancels or withdraws a shared scheduled Transfer service shown on the Rome Minicabs website before it has commenced, due to circumstances within our reasonable control and the Passenger has made a booking for travel on the shared scheduled Transfer service concerned, Rome Minicabs will have the option to:
- Offer to transport the Passenger by means of another form of Rome Minicabs service;
- Cancel the reservation and allow the Passenger to claim a refund for the full amount of the fare (excluding booking fees).
- If a Passenger suffers or incurs any loss or injury as a result of the failure of the Local Service Provider to carry the shared scheduled Transfer service due to delay , breach of contract , negligence or the deliberate or negligent acts or omissions of any of their drivers , employees , agents or representatives , the Passenger should make a claim for recompense directly to the Local Service Provider whose details are shown on Reservation Vouchers issued by Rome Minicabs.
Terms and Conditions common to all types of Transfer
- The Passenger should be in a suitable state for travelling. In cases where the Passenger is under the influence alcohol or narcotics, or suffers from an infectious or a contagious disease, or who wears clothes or has luggage in an exceptionally dirty condition, the driver has the right to refuse entry into the Transfer vehicle. No refund will be given.
- Live animals can travel in any form of Transfer but only in suitable carrying equipment used in air transportation (cage, box). The animal should not emit an offensive smell or harass other Passengers during the travel. Payment is required in advance for the transportation of animals but a guide-dog will be transported free of charge.
- Bicycles, golf bags and ski equipment will be carried by a Local Service Provider where this service is available according to the terms and conditions, providing that the appropriate fee has been paid at the time of making the reservation.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the Local Service Provider, if a Passenger needs a wheelchair for mobility, the chair will be carried free of charge providing that it can be folded and Rome Minicabs is notified in advance when the Passenger makes the reservation. Only 1 wheelchair per Passenger can be transported free of charge.
- One pushchair/pram per Passenger can be transported free of charge providing this is allowed by the Local Service Provider.
- It is forbidden to take into in the pickup vehicle or car:
- Hazardous or inflammable materials (e.g. acids, petroleum products, toxic or radioactive materials, etc.).
- Firearms or other weapons cold steel unless contained in a protective cover and locked in the luggage compartment of the pickup vehicle or car.
- Objects that are repulsive or offensive to others.
- Objects that can jeopardize the physical health of other Passengers, or cause physical damage or contaminate the pickup vehicle or car.
- An object unsuitable for transportation by car (vehicle) due to its shape, volume or nature.
Safety Considerations1. Child Seats
Where local laws require a child seat to be used for child passengers, the Transfer Service provider is only required to provide a suitable child seat where this has been ordered in advance during the reservation process. If no such order has been made, the driver can refuse to carry the child. No transfer fees will be refunded nor will any claim for additional expenses incurred be allowed.2. Wearing of Seat Belts
Where local laws require passengers to wear a seat belt, they must be worn when requested to do so by the driver. If they fail to do so when such a request is made, the driver has the right to refuse to carry out the transfer. No transfer fees will be refunded nor will any claim for additional expenses incurred be allowed.
Conditions relating to luggage
- Passenger luggage should comply with generally accepted airport standards, that is, one case weighing not more than 32 Kg; and one item of hand luggage no more than 10 Kg. This is included in Passenger Transfer fee.
- Passenger luggage should not be unusually large so that it interferes with the loading of luggage belonging to other Passengers.
- A charge is made for each item of extra luggage beyond the basic luggage allowance permitted with the Reservation. Extra luggage which has not been paid for cannot be put into the Transfer vehicle; neither can the Driver be persuaded to take an extra fee for doing so.
- Any luggage taken into the Transfer vehicle passenger compartment must be able to fit under the seat (or placed into the overhead luggage rack if appropriate) if it is a vehicle carrying other Passengers as well. (E.g. minibuses, coaches and buses).
- Before putting Passenger luggage into the Transfer vehicle, the Driver will inspect it to determine its condition and suitability for carrying. Any damage or defects will be pointed out to the Passenger to avoid disputes at a later date.
- When unloading Passenger luggage at Passenger destination, a further inspection of Passenger luggage will be carried out by the Driver and any damage caused by the journey will be recorded to avoid disputes at a later date.
- It is the responsibility of the Passenger to ensure that the luggage put into and taken out of the Transfer vehicle is the property of the Passenger. No liability will be accepted by Rome Minicabs or the Local Service Provider if Passenger accepts the wrong luggage.
- Only in the case of Private Transfers will the Driver assist Passenger in Arrivals to carry luggage to the Transfer Vehicle.
- If a Passenger has booked assistance with their luggage at the destination, the Driver will assist Passenger with the number of bags stipulated in the Reservation Confirmation. (Private Transfers only).
- Luggage assistance services are only available for the following types of Transfers: Private, VIP, Business and Limousine transfers. All other types of Transfers do not provide Assistance with luggage services.
- If Passenger loses their luggage (that is, accidently collects the wrong luggage), Passenger should notify Rome Minicabs Using the 24-hour helpline number who in turn will advise Passenger how to contact the Local Service Provider. Neither Rome Minicabs nor the Local Service Provider is responsible for Passenger luggage if it is lost. We strongly advise Passenger to buy suitable travel insurance to cover such an eventuality.
Delays, cancelled or diverted flights
- If Passenger flight is cancelled, for whatever reason, and Passenger have paid in advance by Credit Card there will be no refund of the Transfer fee. If Passenger have ordered a “Payment-on-the-day” Transfer, Passenger should notify Rome Minicabs immediately who will cancel Passenger Transfer if it possible to do so. If a Passenger does not do so they may be charged a “No-Show” fee.
- If Passenger flight is delayed, the Local Service Provider will track Passenger new arrival time and arrange for the Driver of the Transfer to meet Passenger at the time of actual arrival. There is no need to make alternative Transfer arrangements. (Note: this does not apply to Scheduled Shared Services which work to a strict timetable. See above: Conditions that apply when using a Scheduled Shared Transfer Service).
- If Passenger flight is diverted to another airport in the same country as Passenger destination airport, it is normal for the airline to provide some alternative form of transport to enable Passenger to reach the airport. Section 2. above (the previous paragraph) applies. If Passenger flight is diverted to another country, we are unable to make any refunds as this is beyond our control and Passenger will be charged a “No-Show” fee.
- If the number of the flight on which the Passenger is flying is changed (usually by the airline), the Transfer will be cancelled. No refunds will be made in these cases.
- If the total of the flight delays exceeds 5 hours from the originally quoted arrival time, the Transfer will be cancelled. No refunds will be made in these cases.
Making claims and limitation of liabilities when using Rome Minicabs services
1. Personal injury and/or damage to luggage and possessions
All Rome Minicabs Local Service Providers have mandatory insurance against which Passengers can make a claim providing that the injury or damage happened during the course of the Transfer itself and that the Passenger is not responsible for the resulting injury or damage. Rome Minicabs will assist Passenger by providing the necessary information of how to contact the Local Service Provider but cannot accept any further liability.
2. Transfer vehicle arrives late at Pick-up or Drop-off point.Whatever the reason for the delay, Rome Minicabs is only liable for the return of the Transfer fee (less any booking charges) or the cost of providing an alternative form of Transfer service. (Please note that the alternative service must be comparable to the original Transfer service booked). Rome Minicabs does not accept any liability for any extra costs (e.g. hotel bills, flight tickets, etc.) howsoever incurred.
3. In cases where a “payment-on-the-day” Transfer has been booked and the Driver fails to show up for the Transfer, the Passenger should make a claim against the Local Service Provider. Rome Minicabs does not accept any liability for non-delivery of this type of service.
- If Passenger wish to make a complaint about a Rome Minicabs service this must be done so within 30 days from the date the Transfer in question took place. The complaint must be put in writing either by letter or e-mail. Telephone complaints will only deal with immediate problems at the time of taking the Transfer. If a Passenger arrives later than the time limit allowed for the Driver of the Transfer to wait for Passenger, Rome Minicabs is unable to investigate Passenger complaint no matter what the reason is.
- It is important that Passenger give Rome Minicabs all the relevant facts when making a complaint as Rome Minicabs fully investigates all complaints with our Suppliers.
- We reserve the right to take up to 180 days to resolve the complaint where there are special circumstances involved and where it is not possible to find out all facts in the short term – e.g. serious road accidents, etc.
- Local Service Providers have a strict procedure to follow including the production of documents needed to record the success or otherwise of a Transfer. Please note that if Passenger complaint is about a “No-show” i.e. Passenger Transfer did not arrive to pick Passenger up, the Driver is usually able to show where he/she was and at what time.
- The liability assumed by Rome Minicabs for various problems that may arise are as follows:
- “No- Show” – refund of Transfer fee (less any booking fee) if the Transfer has been prepaid, or, the cost of an alternative Transfer service to reach the destination Passenger have booked. Please note that this option can only be used if the original service provider is unable to provide Passenger with an alternative form of Transfer and the method of transfer should be comparable with the originally booked Transfer.
- Road Traffic Injuries. Rome Minicabs is not responsible for incidents that occur when taking the Transfer itself. Claims must be made against the Local Service Provider. Rome Minicabs will assist Passenger by providing appropriate contact information.
- Loss of or Damage to Luggage. Unless the Driver of Passenger Transfer vehicle has damaged the luggage during the Transfer, no claim can be made against Rome Minicabs or the Local Service Provider for compensation. If the Driver is at fault, Rome Minicabs will assist Passenger by providing appropriate contact information.
- If there is some problem with the Rome Minicabs Reservation system which is within its control, Rome Minicabs will limits its compensation to the cost of the original transfer fee (less the booking fee) or the cost of an alternative form of Transfer (see 5.I.) for terms that apply.
Passengers (or the booking agent acting on their behalf) agree that personal data collected may be retained, used and disclosed by Rome Minicabs, to our Local Service Providers or agents for the purpose of complying with our obligations under these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, administering the Passenger’s reservation and with any legal obligations we may have to comply to.
ItalianLaw governs all aspects of the reservation process including these terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, the Central Court in Rome will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with these issues.
If any of the provisions within these terms and conditions are or become unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of any of the other provisions within it.
Amendments and waivers to these terms and conditions
None of our employees, booking agents, or Local Service Providers have the authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of these terms and conditions unless proper procedures have been followed.
Third Party Rights
Unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, no person other than the Passenger will be able to pursue any claim against Rome Minicabs
Rome Minicabs operates a non-discrimination policy which means that our customers, partners, suppliers and agents are given equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or political affiliation. Any incidents of this nature should be reported to Rome Minicabs for investigation by using the contact services provided on our website.